My Real Fashion Life vs. My Fantasy Fashion Life

'Secret Garden-Versailles'

I recently celebrated my 14 year wedding anniversary and, four years ago, we celebrated our 10 year anniversary in gay Paris.

At the time, I was going through my "Marie-Antoinette" phase.  We took the train to Chateau de Versailles and spent the day walking the halls of that palatial edifice and I even made my poor hubby and four year old son walk miles to take in Marie's private residence, Petite Trianon.

So you can imagine my ecstasy and excitement over Dior's Fall 2012 campaign "Secret Garden-Versailles."

The video, created by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, filmed models Melissa Stasiuk, Xiao Wen Ju and Daria Strokous strutting their Dior-licious selves throughout the majestic halls and picture perfect grounds of the most famous chateau outside of Paris.  The video is set to the music of Depeche Mode and I can almost envision myself running through the hall of mirrors; Although, I did visit that very room with the fam it just wasn't the same.

Maussers at Versailles

Running through Versailles without the crush of a million other tourists would certainly be my fantasy life.  My mother and I always joke about our love of fashion and, how we see things in magazines, and think...I've got to have that...for my fantasy life.  My mom is right, it is hard to distinguish our real lives versus our fantasy lives; however, living in Los Angeles, I am certainly allowed to have some artistic license.

It is not unusual to find me cooking Sunday dinner in my 1960s dressing gowns or roaming the streets of my little beach town in Pucci-esque lounge pants.  I wear my passion for fashion on my sleeves and, although a lot of people think I'm insane, I would absolutely put on a Dior gown and run down my street as if I didn't have a care in the world.  However, this would be depend upon how much Clicquot the good widow would provide me beforehand.

Regardless, the video is a fashion journey that makes me long for the Parisian countryside and the haute couture of the high fashion society.


http://www.dior.com/magazine/en_gb/News/Lasting-Impressions


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two In-Vince-able Collections

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

For The Love of Shopping