My Heart Sings with Love for my Son

My little man

I was up early to run this morning and, when I returned, I was walking past my son’s room and noticed the curtains were open a bit.  The murky morning light was just starting to stream through onto his face, so I closed the curtains and pulled his blankets up.

The action briefly woke him and he smiled up at me and said, “Momma,” before rolling over and going back to sleep.  I could tell that he felt safe and happy just by seeing me.  It made me feel pious to know that just my mere presence in his subconscious mind could cause him to feel completely and utterly at peace

It made me remember when I was a little kid and I would be all snug in my bed and feel so safe too.

I can distinctly recall one memory from the 70s.  I was completely cozy in bed and just drifting off to sleep while my little transistor radio was playing “Loving You” by Minnie Riperton.  To this day, my recollection of the video and my dream seemed to fuse into one.

Since that song conveyed such feelings of safety and security in me, I later went on to select it as the wedding song for my husband and I.

Just as “Loving You” had stayed with me as I grew up, I will keep the memory of my son’s look of love with me all morning long and it makes my heart sing.

What a wondrous way to start the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two In-Vince-able Collections

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

For The Love of Shopping