Crushing Hard: Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder


Sometimes you have to look back to the old, to find something new. 

Now, not to get too down on Ulta Beauty but, one of the things that I really needed to replace last weekend, they could not do so. 

At the top of my list, I needed to replenish my Benefit Bluffdust, which I absolutely adore because it has yellow tones that calm the redness that I tend to get on my face.  Unfortunately, it seemed that was the only Benefit product that they did not carry at the mega beauty supply.

I was unable to find anything else that was comparable, so I shelved that dilemma to another day.  Well, by Thursday, I was completely missing my loose powder and the dilemma had blown up into a catastrophe. 

I had to run into CVS Drugstore for a birthday card when I remembered that my best buddy from growing up -- Amy Pavao -- had always used Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder.  It always caught my eye because it came in this super cute box with a big powder puff.

So, for $7 and some change, I thought I would give Airspun a try.

The first thing I noticed is that the packaging is a bit different; it now comes in a plastic container but still has the powder puff.  Also, the smell was so nostalgic to me.  The talc smell completely reminded me of my Grandmom and, since Coty has been making this powder since 1935, it may have been my grandmother's loose powder of choice.

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder states on the packaging that it features an exclusive Microspun formula where loose powder particles are spun and swirled until the reach a cloud-like softness.  This ultra smooth powder hides tiny lines, wrinkles and other blemishes and gives a new softness to your skin. 

I actually use it to set my make-up and I have been extremely happy with the Naturally Neutral (for light to medium skin tones) so far.

Also, Airspun is a great value: There are 2.3 ounces in the container -- compared to
Benefits powder which only has .50 ounces -- and it retails for a third of the price. 

I am so loving everything about this loose powder no wonder it has been a beauty legacy since 1935. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping