Calling All Followers: How Can ATF Become More Fashionating?

Time flies when you're having fun: It has been six months since I launched my blog, All Things Fashionating. 

On a personal level, I have been very pleased with my level of commitment and, for the most part, the content of the posts.  When I set out to create ATF, I was concerned that it would be one more false start.  Not to pat myself on the back, but I am proud that I have kept up with my personal forum.

I’ve tried to balance it out a bit with my individual essays as well as covering themes such as fashion, health and beauty products, current events and trending topics.  Mostly, I like to write about things that are important and intriguing to me and, hopefully to those loyal followers, who have stuck with me during this time.

During the last half of the year, I began following my peers – other bloggers who cover similar topics and e-zines – to keep up with current trends.  I don’t presume to be an expert on all topics and truly attempt to educate myself as I write my posts; however, my goal is to write about subjects that move me.

However, I feel that All Things Fashionating has somewhat plateaued and I would like to continue to grow it.

I have received some feedback from friends who have suggested more photos and other technophile ambitions such as linking up with other blogs of similar content.

My blog is unique in that I created this forum as a way to have my voice heard by using my past experience as a journalist.  Obviously, after researching other blogs, I realize that my format is different and not as cutting-edge.  I have been blown away by the many amazing bloggers I have discovered.

As a working mom, my biggest challenge is that my time to be creative is very limited –  squeezed in between 9 plus hours of work a day, homework, sports practices and games, training for a half-marathon, among other aspects of a busy life – I try and find time to write after my son goes to bed. 

Sometimes, I find myself falling asleep on the keyboard and hoping my drool won’t short circuit the computer, yet somehow I get it done.  Now, I’m not looking for empathy just reinforcing – to myself mostly – that this blog is important to me and I have to work to make it happen.

The result is that I don’t have very much time left over to figure out how to cultivate it.

I am prepared to research and figure out a game plan, but I feel that going to the source may be the best way to start.  So I’m hoping my friends and followers would be willing to offer me some assistance.

I would love to get some feedback from my readers on how I can take my blog to the next level.  What do you want to see more of on the pages of ATF?  What can I do differently that will make my posts more fascinating and help me acquire more followers?

I am truly at a crossroads and, unlike the other blogs that I read, I hardly get any comments.  From my stats on Blogger.com; I know that I have a decent number of readers out there, so I would love to hear from you.

Please let me know what you are thinking: What are your likes and dislikes about ATF?  How can I make it better?  I will take the good, the bad and the ugly. 

Some have said ATF is like the extinct television show “Seinfeld” – it is a blog about nothing.  Although I know this was meant as the highest compliment possible and, if that is a good definition than I am willing to accept it, but if my readers want it to be more of a blog about something, I’m willing to listen to your voices. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping