I Heart Halston Heritage

  Halston Heritage. I do, I really do and I’m not sure what I love most about it; the fact that its roots stem from the legendary Halston line or that the price point is right on…no pun intended.

The Halston Heritage collection, which launched early 2010, is inspired by the fashion house’s famous designs from the Studio 54 crowd of the late 70s and 80s, but with a contemporary twist.
Bianca Jagger @ Studio 54
This SS2011 collection features one-shoulder caftans, silk maxi dresses, stretch jersey halter neck jumpsuits, and some fun and flirty dresses. With a color palette that ranges from black to white to effervescent and fluorescent hues of green, orange, fuchsia and violet.

Perusing the collection, Halston’s muse Bianca Jagger immediately popped into my mind; but the diffusion line is attracting modern day jet setters like Sarah Jessica Parker, Chloe Sevigny and Audrina Patridge.

SJP currently holds the position of chief creative officer of Halston Heritage and reportedly has an equity stake in Halston as well.

I love the fact that I can wear the same designs as some of the Hollywood’s hottest A-listers without actually going broke.  Pricing for the line can start as low as $100 for an evening clutch and going as high as $895 for a maxi dress; however, I have seen prices get sliced significantly at Bloomingdales, Saks, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom’s.

The Halston Heritage line keeps in the tradition of Halston himself who, through his licensing agreement with JC Penny back in the 70s, accredited his designs to the department store so his clothing was accessible to a variety of women at different income levels.

I actually stumbled upon the Halston Heritage line at Bloomingdales last Christmas while looking for an outfit to wear to a 40th birthday party.  I was blown away by the disco-era dresses that had an ingenious spin to them.


Dolman Sleeve Dress
I absolutely adore the Halston Heritage Dolman-Sleeve dress. The draped silhouette offers a perfect fit with Dolman sleeves, a deep V neckline in a rich green silk.  I am also in love with the one-shouldered mini caftan dress in the softest shade of baby blue.  The floating asymmetrical hem-line and billowing sleeve instantly creates drama in this dress.  It actually reminds me of the gown my mom wore to a senior prom in 1968.

But right now, I’ve got the disco fever for the line’s evening clutches and hand bags.  On the top of my list is the April Watersnake Clutch, which boasts real snakeskin in a black, tan and magenta color palette for $295.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Also, the Susan Box Clutches are snake embossed and reasonably priced at $195. This is truly a steal for these little purses that are so hot right now.  So, for the record, I haven’t met a Halston Heritage bag that I didn’t like.

But truth be told, most of us weren’t lucky enough to have experienced the Studio 54 era, but Halston Heritage is doing a great job of bringing that nostalgia to us through its timeless collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping