11th Hour Request for Donations/Help for Hurricane Sandy Victims

Description: Aerial Views of Hurricane Sandy Devastation
Ariel View of my hometown Ocean Grove. Photo:Andrew Mills
These past several days have been very tense and emotional for me. Hurricane Sandy hit my original home -- the Jersey Shore -- with a vengeance.  My loved ones faced a natural disaster at epic proportions and the aftermath has been paralyzing.

It wasn't until this past Thursday that I was able to account for all of my family and friends back home  -- most of whom still don't have electricity, water or gas.  I was so happy to hear that all are safe and sound, but I am devastated by how many have lost so much.

I have been receiving online alerts from my local hometown newspaper, The Asbury Park Press, and I know that my people are banding together to get through this tragedy. But, I have been wanting to help out in some way and feeling so helpless that I couldn't...until about two hours ago.

I saw a post on Facebook, which had been shared by a friend, about another Jersey Girl who lives in Redondo.  Laurie is packing up a tractor trailer to take supplies to New Jersey first thing Monday morning.

I know it is the 11th hour, but if you have anything to donate, please let me know.

Jersey needs things such as: D Batteries, Non-perishable food, shampoo, soap, hygiene items, glasses, feminine products, coats, gloves, hats, scarves, pillows, blankets, storage containers, pet food and supplies, and cleaning supplies.  However, anything would help!!!!

I will be headed over to help Laurie to pack up the donations for a few hours tomorrow.  She said she needs extra hands more than anything, so if anyone would like to join me, let me know.

I know that Jersey is the brunt of a lot of jokes..."What exit you from?" It has been misrepresented by shows like the "Jersey Shore," "The Real Housewives of New Jersey," and "Jerseylicious,"  but it is truly one of the most beautiful states with the most loyal and tenacious people please help them if you can.

If you live in the South Bay, please let me know if you are willing and able to help on such short notice.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping