Crushing Hard: These Boots Are Made For Walking


Now, I haven’t been totally forthcoming with you all. 

Back in September, when I was crushing hard on a pair of Vince Camuto boots for the fall http://allthingsfashionating.blogspot.com/2011/09/to-be-brown-or-not-to-be-that-is.html, I was lucky to get great feedback from some followers – via a survey – that brown boots were the way to go.  Excitedly, I hit the purchase button online and those buttery boots were at my doorstep in no time.

Unfortunately, they were like melted butter and a bit too slouchy for my taste.  I truly wanted to make them work but, after weeks of deliberation, I finally returned them.  (I love you Bloomingdales for your generous return policy.)

Since then, I had tirelessly continued my quest to find the right brown boot for this season; however, my luck changed last Monday when my newest infatuation arrived.

While perusing the last month's edition of Lucky Magazine, I saw an editorial that stopped me in my tracks.  A model was donning a bumble bee striped pencil skirt, tribal print coat, eternity scarf (from a little boutique I like to call Forever 21), tights and, what caught my eye…a super cute pair of brown ankle boots.

I loved the vibe of the entire outfit but, to me, it was the contrasting trim on the platform booties that caught my eye.  Unfortunately, the price tag of $139 was a bit hefty to me for a pair of Nine West shoes after Christmas, so I let it go.

But, it must have been shopping karma, because the next day, I got an email from Nine West notifying me of a 60% sale.  I am being totally honest when I say that, although I have purchased Nine West shoes in the past, I have not in a long time and I have no idea where the email came from.  (Thank you higher power! I know my girl is looking OUT for me!)

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised to see so many on-trend styles when I went to Nine Wests site.  Once there, well, the rest is history.  I found my Anka ankle boots and they only had one pair of 8.5 left for $55.  It was an impulsive buy that I won’t ever regret. 

As soon as the shoes arrived, I just had to try them on and these shoes did feel like butta’.  Even Jason who is still supporting my clothes (and everything that goes with) hiatus, loved them.

I was born to wear these boots.  First and most importantly, they are comfortable.  Second, the contrasting yellow and turquoise piping is fantastic especially the fact that the yellow is actually suede so the heel of the shoe – except on the platforms – is butter cream suede. The brown matches my Gucci bag perfectly and I swear, I can wear these shoes with 83.6% of garments in my closet.

 Ahhh, the perfect shoe.

These boots are made for walking, and that’s just what they'll do 
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.

 Currently, Nine West is having a 70% sale. Happy Shopping!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping