Cannes Inspiration Metamorphasize One Woman?

The Cannes Film Festival ended last Sunday.  It is always such a glamorous event so, on Monday, I just had to take a few minutes to check out the different red carpet fashions. I came across this photo of Karolina Kurkova on the runway at Naomi Campbell’s Fashion Relief show and it had a big impact on me.


As you can see, Kurkova is wearing a stunning full-length yellow gown with a sky high slit to the thigh.  The left arm is cut blocked out to the waist and is adorned with golden studs.  (Unfortunately, I was unable to find the name of the designer before I posted this blog.)  The sunshine yellow color is splendid and she looked like a ray of light.  Her hair is pulled up in a loose chignon with side swept bangs, and she has a berry colored – possibly matte -- lipstick.  I so wanted to be her.
OK, so two days later, I got the bangs and now I am looking for the perfect lipstick to emulate her look.  I wasn’t joking when I said it made an impact.

I took my challenge to the web and my search came back with four options:  Smashbox PhotoFinish Lipstick with Sila Silk Technology in Legendary for $22; Too Faced Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipstick in Celebrity Meltdown and Marcia, Marcia, Marcia for $20 (it’s a tie); or Nars Lipstick in Afghan Red or Red Lizard for $24 (and it’s a tie again).
Let me know what you think.

Description: Description: Smashboxpd-detailMain-2135521 Description: Description: Too Facedpd-detailMain-2154435  Description: Description: Too Facedpd-detailMain-2154435  Description: Description: Afghan Red   Description: Description: Red Lizard

     
This weekend, I’m going to head over to Sephora to check them out in person.  I might have to wear dark shades and a baseball cap so no one confuses me with Kurkova. Yeah right!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping