A Little Hump Day Inspiration

Last night, on my way home from work, I was stopped at a traffic light next to a bus stop.  I saw a man -- probably not that much older than I -- get off the bus.  His body was crooked and misshapen from some illness and he carried a portable oxygen tank with him.  This man was dressed very nice and was attractive. 

Obviously, despite his hardships, he had to live; Even if that meant taking the bus to get somewhere and carrying what he needed to breathe as a burden on his back.  And, he wasn't done with his journey, because he continued to walk along the main drag toward his home I assume.

One thing that struck me about this man is how alone he seemed in his day. Yes, I drive to and from work -- solo -- as most of us do. But there is some sort of singularity about everyone being in their cars driving from point A to point B on the freeway. I suppose there is also a singularity with people who ride buses. 

Yet, there was an intense sense of aloneness when this man exited the bus. I don't want to feel pity, but it was a very profound moment for me for some reason.

In that one instance, I knew that I could never -- or rather I should never -- feel sorry for myself again.  Life is not always a box a chocolates and the reality is that things don't always go as planned or turn out great; however, in the grand scheme of things, I had an overwhelming sense of my extreme good fortunate.

I have a strong healthy body that carries me through my day without even a second thought;  I enjoy the benefits of being able to drive myself around town in a nice luxury car; But most importantly, I have the strong bond of family and friendship.

I ended my evening last night surrounded by a group of women who are some of the most important friends in my life.  They all bring something different to my world and it is all good.  I was so honored that each one took time out of their busy lives to join me in a celebratory dinner and I was extremely touched by the collective gift they all contributed toward.

Everything I absorbed yesterday was a good reminder that I am one of the luckiest girls in the world and, one thing I know for sure, I would always have a ride home from the bus stop.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping