An Open-handed Ode of Thanks!

There are so many days in which I take everything in my life for granted.  I am absolutely guilty of whining for naught and crying over spilt milk. I mean, I am a chick you know.
However, I truly realize that I am blessed in every sense.  It is a pity that it takes a (gasp) holiday to make me pause and smell the roses, but such is life.


Today, I want to take a moment to reflect and give my thanks. 
I am – of course – thankful for my boy Shane and hubby Jason.  The two of them provide me with my core happiness.  When Jason and I had been dating for a while, I just knew that he was the “one.”  I would wake up in the middle of the night and knowing that he was sleeping by my side and my partner in life, I would be overcome by this warm enveloping blanket of happiness and contentment.  It was a feeling that our love was bigger than anything I had ever known until Shane was born.


I look at my little guy and see all the sunshine of positivity and optimism that exudes from his little body.  He and I are absolutely connected too.  Call it mother’s intuition, but I am always in tune with him.
I am thankful for my mother and father because without them I would not be me; all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, sister-in-laws, niece, nephew and my half-sister.  To me, family is the backbone of my foundation

I could not get through my life without all of my best gal pals who are always there for me.


Of course there are so many friends and acquaintances in my life with whom I am beholden…what can I say except that I am rich with them.
I am thankful for my job and the team that I work with at Maxum.


But, most importantly, I am happy for my health.  I try to never take for granted my ability to jump up out of bed each morning and run to my heart’s content; Or the ability to dance and move my body each and every day.


I am thankful for a good glass of wine and a beautiful sunset.  I always appreciate a warm summer’s day, the sound of the ocean and the feel of sand between my toes.  I love that I am able to enjoy the feel of a cold night when the air is crisp and the stars are bright (but only if I have my warmest jacket on).


Mostly, I am just thankful for this wonderful gift of life that I have been given and I plan to enjoy today – and my existence – to the fullest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping