Mad About Mad Men


Well, for years, I've heard nothing but great things about the T.V. show Mad Men. Unfortunately, I missed the series premier back in 2007 and I absolutely hate starting a show mid-way through its life. 

So, for the past four years, I have waited patiently for the critically acclaimed, award-winning hit show about Madison Avenue ad execs from the 1960s to make it to Netflix.

As you can guess, it is finally here.  I am still on the first season -- its fifth will premier in March 2012 -- but I am hooked.

The show is about Don Draper, played by the hunky Jon Hamm, the creative director at Sterling Cooper advertising agency, and his escapades in and out of the office.

Since I am sooooo behind, I am assuming that I am preaching to the choir; however, I just want to say a few things:

First, my kitchen is a mirror image of Don and Betty Drapers kitchen -- fashionable and stylish for 1960 but...; Second, men have NOT changed since that era -- women just had to fight hard for our equality; third, I LOVE all the historical authenticity that is so sick and wrong (i.e. smoking AND drinking copious amounts while pregnant, kids with plastic bags over their heads and saccharine is better for you than sugar -- not to mention the constant haze of cigarette smoke that makes my lungs hurt); And lastly I am so glad that bras that make your breasts look like pointy cones are gone for good.

I only have 57 more episodes to watch before March Madmeness starts again.  Makes me want to light up a ciggy and drink a high ball of Scotch. Oh, goody!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping