Spring Into Fun and Affordable Fashion

For those of you who know me, I am a die-hard H&M fan.  I compare it to Ikea, but for clothing. I love the fact that it is a Swedish-based company.  OK, yes I am biased because my peeps hail from Sweden. However, you can't deny that they offer some absolutely great pieces at a fraction of the cost.  Not to mention, the guest designers who create collections for the mid- to low-priced fashion line give it an honorable mention in the high-end fashion world.

Not that long ago, I had to travel to Europe or NYC to get my H&M fix.  Then they opened up in New Jersey which was fantastic because there is NO sales tax on clothing in Jersey.  I would bring an empty suitcase in order to bring back my spoils. But I wouldn't be content until I had my very own H&M at home. I was a serious stalker and kept emailing H&M --via their website --to open up some Los Angeles-based locations.  They finally did and I haven't been disappointed.

Last season, I picked up a few pieces from their new "organic" line which was created using recycled polyester.  A floral blouse and dress get me tons o' compliments and - being fashion forward- the prints are right on for this season.  Sadly, I was trying to score a Lanvin for H&M dress for my pals 40th birthday, but I foolishly arrived a week too late.  The sales person at Bev Center told me that they had sold out in less than 3 hours.  But I can buy it on eBay for more than it sold in the store.

This summer, I am completely excited for several collections.  The "Conscious Collection," the newest recycled polyester line which uses sustainable materials for its clothing, has several great summer basics that are priced right and oh so cute.  I especially love the chiffon dress (pictured) priced at $49.95.

To view the whole collection, click here:
http://www.hm.com/us/conscious-collection#home

Another great collection this spring, is the H&M By Night.  Everything you need to dress up from a short dresses to long dresses to a jumpsuits.  The prints and colors make this very moderately priced line look way expensive.  Also, if you go to the website, they actually show you each piece in the collection and how you can mix and match to make the most of your cash but look like a million bucks.

H&M is selling a collection of Swedish Hasbeen -- clog sandals.  They are just too chunk and funky but look completely comfy. Not to mention, celebs like Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes have been spotted sporting them around town. 

Lastly, the swim line is what really got me hooked.  I mean, where are you going to find a clothing store that will sell bathing suits -- with tops starting at $4.95?  To me, the floral prints and tribal patterns compare to brands like Roxy or Quicksilver but for a third of the cost.

Well, now after writing this post, I'm all hot and bothered and need to get myself out to H&M for my summer fashion fix.

If you live in the LA area, the best H&M stores are located at Bev Center, Irvine Spectrum, but South Coast and Century City are OK. 

Maybe I'll run into you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping