The Royal Hoopala is Ab Fab

I am sorry, but I just don’t get all the hype about the Royal Wedding.  I do remember watching Prince Charles and Princess Di’s wedding the summer I turned 12.  I watched it partly because it was a fairy tale come true but also because it was on all 5 TV channels we had back in 1981.  I found it interesting for about 5 minutes. I don’t have anything against Prince William and Kate Middleton; it’s just that their wedding doesn’t really spark any true interest in me.  Try as I might, I just don’t really care.

A friend of mine in the entertainment industry said she was going on vacation last week and everyone was freaking that she was taking time off with the “Royal Wedding” two weeks away.  Obviously, the media frenzy was in full effect and, by surfing the net, the articles out there are so outlandish: which wedding guest is the richest to whether or not the royal couple will serve expensive or cheap champagne to buying Royal Wedding tchotchkes (bobble heads).

However, I do have a thought – even though it is not original and everyone else is thinking it – I applaud this couple as it does seem like they are getting married for true love.  Unlike Charles and Di – whom some speculate was an arranged marriage – William and Kate are both older and have had the opportunity to experience life.  She is 29 years old and he is 28.  In my opinion, the perfect ages to get married.

I don’t blame the Brits for getting all hot and bothered about the pending nuptials of the second in line for their throne; especially since it is Princess Diana’s first-born son. However, I obviously was not up at 3 am this morning to watch the wedding of the decade, but I wish them the best of luck.


If I am going to watch anything British, it would be ABFAB of course.

Click here to watch something Absolutely Fabulous  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPD-MrMWYi4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was a Club MTV Dancer

Two In-Vince-able Collections

For The Love of Shopping